On Saturday, February 8th from 10:30 -12:30, families are invited to play, learn, meet the teachers, and tour our facility.
Our play and nature-based preschool in rural NW Portland currently has openings for children ages 3-5. Wildwood Nature School is close to Forest Park, Bethany, St. Johns, and Sauvie Island but provides gardens animal care, 4 acres of open and forested land, and a calm, peaceful atmosphere that seems miles away from city bustle.
We are a state registered preschool, with highly qualified staff offering:
- Play-based interdisciplinary curriculum to develop the whole child in art, science, language, literacy, emotional growth, math, and movement.
- Outdoor gardening, animal care, and hiking on 11 rural acres abutting the Wildwood Trail.
- Indoor environment inspired by child-focused methods of Waldorf, Montessori, and the schools of Reggio Emilia.
- Knowledgeable and caring teachers with over 15 years experience in Early Childhood and Museum Education, Master’s degree in education, and bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Multiage setting where children learn from and about each other while following their own interests at their own pace.
- Flexible scheduling options include classes that meet 2, 3, or 5 days per week.
We spend half of each day outside, rain or shine, and combine experiential learning with more traditional preschool academics. Please contact email@example.com, visit our website or like our facebook page to RSVP for the open house or to find out more information about how children learn from the natural world as well as a thoughtfully designed indoor environment.