Make a difference in the life of a child by joining the Everybody Wins! DC team. Everybody Wins! DC (EW!DC) is a non-profit organization devoted to promoting children's literacy in low-income public elementary schools throughout the Washington Metropolitan Area. EW!DC seeks qualified candidates with experience in education and/or children’s literacy for its Power Lunch and Readers Are Leaders (RAL) programs. This rewarding position requires working on-site at a low-income elementary school, coordinating mentors and students for a reading program during students' lunch period.
Key Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Must be available Monday- Friday 3-4 hours daily approximately 15-20 hours a week.
- Coordinate the school-based reading and mentoring program.
- Ensure that systems are in place for the successful implementation of daily reading sessions, monthly book distributions, and other program events and activities.
- Establish and maintain clear lines of communication with school faculty and community to ensure that EW!DC standards and boundaries are maintained.
- Must be extremely reliable and enthusiastic, and possess excellent organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills and a passion for working with students are essential.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Exceptionally attentive to detail and capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing.
- Willingness to be a team player, with ability to positively and effectively manage different personalities, and effectively address conflicts.
- Adapt to change and respond to unexpected occurrences.
- Committed to EW!DC’s mission of education and literacy reform.
- Demonstrated track record of success at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of services.
- Experience working with elementary school aged students a plus.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) candidates strongly encouraged to apply!
Please email cover letter and resume to Anne Owl at email@example.com with the subject line: School Coordinator Position
Or fax cover letter and resume to: 202.216.9552, Attn. Anne Owl.